Sunday 27 September 2009

The wonderful world of tags

Tags are a wonderful and frustrating thing at the same time. They seem to spring up from nowhere and have a life of their own. They go all over the place. Usually it’s a girl who starts it, with such gems as “What are you wearing ?”.

I’ve now been tagged by Athivas. A wonderful blogger who writes lovely verses. She’s so very friendly and writes such superb comments to make any blogger’s day. So when she tagged me with one of the girliest of all tags, I had to discard all semblance of business, dress up in a “pink dress” , imagine myself as one of the Mills & Boon girls and write this :) Be warned – all answers are of the “pink pink variety”. Athivas is the most sporting of bloggers – so I know she won’t mind me having a little bit of fun at whoever originated this tag.

1.Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4?
“She looked into his eyes longingly and her heart fluttered wildly. He held her hand and they gazed into the sunset”

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can & touch air?
I stuck my left arm out and touched the love of my life. He smiled a smile that made my heart go flutter, flutter.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
I watched with a lump in my throat as they looked into each other’s eyes . Soft light, lilting music and the credits rolled over.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
9.00 PM?

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
11.30 PM – Oh my gosh – have we been holding hands for so long ??

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
I can hear the beating of his heart, the song on his lips, the music in his ears ….

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I went out to buy a rose to pin on his lapel ; for the smell of the rose will keep him mine …..

8. Before you started this Q&As, what did you look at?
Into his oh so lovely eyes, to find that deep inside, I could see me.

9. What are you wearing?
What he gave me the first time we met.

10. When did you last laugh?
Every moment. There’s laughter in my eyes for he is with me and the world looks all colourful and fun.

11. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
He and me – holding hands, laughing , hugging, running, …..

12. Seen anything weird lately?
Not for a long time. For I have been gazing into his eyes.

13. What do you think of this quiz?
Oh; what a great way to wear a pink dress and write all about me and him.

14. What is the last film you saw?
We went to the movies, but we held hands and looked at each other. Forgot the movie.

15. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I’ll give it all to him. And he’ll give it all to me. I’ll keep it all for him; I’ll only take a little out to buy a pinker dress.

16. Tell me something about you that I dunno!
I only think of him and he only thinks of me. Did you know that ?

17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Make sure he’ll be besides me always.

18. Do you like to Dance?
Only with him. And then I like to dance and dance and dance and dance ….

19. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
(Blushing) – I’ll ask him what he’d like to call her

20. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
(More blushing) – I’ll name him, He jnr.

21. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes, wherever there’s a beach, there’s blue sky, there’s gentle water lapping at our heels as we hold hands and gaze into the sunset.

22. What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
(sobbing) – how could you ask that ?

Whew ! Ugh ! Phew again !!!

I’m running to get off that pink dress. That was real tough.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!! look what savitha's tag has done to u..

u n mush writing.. nah

Ramesh said...

Obviously nah. This was a devious plot to deflect girlie tags :)

Anonymous said...

I m sick of love!!! :D

Ramesh you are way better in a business suit than in a "pinker" dress!! :D Poor Savi is going to cringe at this!! :D

le embrouille blogueur said...

On the floor ... Ramesh ... your humorous side is "killing me softy"....(yikes)..!!!

Anonymous said...

ahem! I have made up my mind--all girlie tags WILL be passed to Ramesh, henceforth! :D.

Had a non-stop laugh!And, God, for 22 consecutive questions.

Thanks for taking up the tag, and for that intro of me....

Anonymous said...

//I can hear the beating of his heart, the song on his lips, the music in his ears ….//

What a poetic way to say that? :)

DA said...

LOL! And you think that this will get you out of any future tags :-)

Hope you are enjoying getting back to work and wishing you the most competent subordinates ;-)

Ramesh said...

@thoughtful train - I completely agree. Hence stuck to blogging on business which is the only thing I know :)

And "sick of love" ?? Hey hey ??

@blogueur - :) :)

@athivas - you are not only such a kind blogger and reader, but you're also a great sport. I'm in awe milady ...

@ DA - That was the thought, but as you know men were never known much for the grey matter :) Thanks for the wishes - does the academic harbour secret thoughts of becoming a practitioner ??

DA said...

Oh no... that would be too much hard work... I enjoy my perpetual sabbatical :-)

Unknown said...

OK... this was one scary! Since I don't blog, I don't understand this "tagging" concept - but please please, take off your pink dress at once I say ;-)

Sandhya Sriram said...

Ramesh

Can't handle this version of you. I don't know what tag means, but i am tagging you to Please get back to Writing "Titan steps down" and the like.

Sandhya

Ramesh said...

@Aashish - ;) then pink dress has been burnt !

@Sandhya - Beware ! As a fellow blogger, you're going to get tagged one of these days :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

Rainbows reign! :)
Bring out the pink pistols!

and long live tags :)

I am waiting for my next girlie tag in all eager anticipation now that you have given us a glimpse of your other side :D

Cheers
preeti

Ramesh said...

@ Preeti - OMG :-)

Ajay said...

LOL. This had me in splits. I could also imagine you speaking the answers in as best a feminine voice that you could manage :)
Btw, Happy Dussehra!

kiwibloke said...

Ha ha this was absolutely hilarious! Looks like this is what Mills and Boon is all about!
cheers
Kiwi (currently eating bratwurst in Stuttgart - lovely city of the merc and the porsche - a sequel to the Lux and the ZRH visit!)

Ramesh said...

@Ajay :-) Happy Dusshera to you too.

@kiwi - Now this is really intriguing. I can understand Lux and ZRH. But what on earth are you doing in Stuttgart. And do you have to say you are eating wurst. Paavum panni ! Kashtam Kashtam !!

sri said...

haha Ramesh u are unimaginable ;)

that was funny and for a moment I thought u might really have a boy friend hehe , well writtern in pink shoes

Ramesh said...

@srivats :)

Blog Archive

Featured from the archives